Friday 7 October 2016

5 Things To Do For Yourself This Week

Self Care Tips, How to treat yourself, Carnations, Katie Writes,


Self-care is totally underrated. Here are five things to do for yourself this week, and every week!

Treat yourself to some flowers


They don't have to be expensive ones. In a pretty vase, even supermarket flowers look good. (Just look at the ones above, they're from Morrison's!) One thing that always perks me up when I wake up in the mornings is walking down the stairs to see flowers blooming on the mantlepiece. (Especially now that all the flowers in the garden are dying off, which is depressing.)

Pamper


Have a pamper night! Just treat yourself to a good old pamper sesh. Paint your nails, toenails, run a lovely bubble bath, and read a good book. I always keep a stash of Lush bubble bars on hand for if I fancy a good ol' pamper night. (My faves for a relaxing soak are Blue Skies and Fluffy White Clouds and The Comforter!)

Put the phone down!


Switch your phone off a couple of hours before you go to bed. That way, you'll be able to switch off better. If you're anything like me, when your phone's still on, you'll be tempted to pick it up and check notifications, reply to messages, scroll through Instagram, and then end up browsing ASOS for stuff you can't afford to spend your money on. The only solution? Turning it off completely. Notifications will all still be there waiting for you in the morning. 

Buy a new perfume


Treat yourself to a new perfume or body spray! I always feel better if I switch up my scent from time to time. My favourite at the moment is the White Musk Smoky Rose Eau de Toilette from The Body Shop. It smells so lovely, and is a bargain at £13 for a 30ml bottle too! 

Go walking


Go for a walk somewhere new and different, just get out there and explore! Take your camera with you (or use your phone camera) and try and take some arty photos. I live near loads of fields, so I tend to wander across them if I want some time away from the hustle and bustle of busy modern life. (There was one time where I  got trapped in a field by horses while doing this, but that's a story for another day.)

If you're not lucky enough to live near countryside, it doesn't matter. Find the beauty in wherever you live.


What else would you recommend? 

Katie
x
YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram Bloglovin'

SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig