Saturday 15 October 2016

My Five Product Face

Five Product Face, Beauty, Makeup, Katie Writes


Sometimes, you don't have time to faff about with countless beauty products in the morning, do you? On days when I'm feeling rushed, here are the five staples I pick to create an effortless and minimal makeup look.


Loreal Cushion Foundation


I'll admit that I was slightly dubious of the latest trend of these cushion foundations, and while it took me quite a while to warm to this one, I really like it now. I tend to only use this for lazy days, where the only time I'll go out is for a quick coffee and to take the dog for a walk. It's so ridiculously quick and easy to apply though, and I find it strangely therapeutic to press the applicator into the squidgy cushion of foundation below too. (I'm not weird. Honest.)

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer


Have you tried this yet? If not, why not?! This concealer has been a firm favourite of mine for years and years; and I've never found one that I love as much as this. (Okay, so the Kiko Milano Full Coverage concealer's a close second, but this is still my fave!) It's under a fiver, it gives fantastic coverage, it's actually pale enough to match my skin tone, and it doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes in any way. What's not to love?

Rimmel Stay Matte Powder


I've used this setting powder for YEARS. There's literally no other high street powder that compares, for me. I use the shade 'transparent' and literally just sweep it across my face with a powder brush, concentrating in particular on my oily T-zone. It's only £3.99 too, and you genuinely get a good quality product for such a small price.

Five Product Face, Beauty, Makeup, Katie Writes


Rimmel Kate Sculpting Palette


This relatively new contouring palette is great for multi-tasking! When I'm in a rush, I tend to use this not just for contouring, but as eyeshadow too. I just sweep a bit of the highlighter over my lids (it's not that shimmery, don't worry) and then blend a bit of the bronzer in for good measure. 

I've got the palette in 002, and the highlighter is quite subtle. The bronzer is matte with no shimmer, and the blusher is perky and pink, also with no shimmer. At £6.99, it's a bit of a bargain too!

Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara


How could I possibly be without all time favourite mascara? I've used this for years, and I've never, ever found any other mascara that I like as much; and I've tried a lot of mascaras! One of the main things I love about this one is that just a couple of coats gives your lashes so much extra volume and length; so it's absolutely perfect for when you're in a rush!


Shop the Post


What five products would you choose?


Katie
x
YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram Bloglovin'

SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig