Saturday 17 October 2015

The Life Update: Whirlwind

Succulent Plant

Oooh, it's been a while, hasn't it? I do have a good excuse for being lax in the blogging department. Honest. Read on to find out more.

Journalism, Journalism, Journalism

I've been totally rushed off my feet lately because I've started a Masters at Nottingham Trent University. 

I'm not going to lie, it's pretty intense. Half of the time it's terrifying and I'm full of self-doubt, and half the time I’m unbelievably excited about what I’m getting to study and practise on a daily basis. It’s pretty enjoyable so far, although I’m not sure I’ll still feel that way when the time comes to do my dissertation…

I’m doing Broadcast Journalism, which is Radio and TV news. I did a little bit of print journalism in my first degree, and the teensiest bit of broadcast too, but never a full crash-course on being a journalist like this. It’s been weird getting used to a new University, a new campus, and spending a lot of time in a new city. And the commute is nothing short of horrible. (Who knew that 16 miles in rush hour would be an absolute nightmare?!)

My mantra right now is: ‘Bring it on!’ because I’ve worked really hard to get to this point, and I definitely don’t intend to stop working hard now. This course is quite highly-regarded and it’s a fantastic opportunity to hone my journalism skill-set and push me up to a standard that’s good enough for the industry. Let’s just say I’m really busy, but I don’t intend to stop blogging. I’ve also got tons of blog-related emails to reply to… SO, if you’re one of those lovely people who’s waiting for a reply, please bear with me because I'm playing catch-up with a lot of things right now.

Neighbourhood Watch

I thought I should probably round this story off, seeing as it's (hopefully) come to a conclusion. You remember about the horrible time we had to endure with that neighbour over the summer? (If not, click here.) Well, he's had a restraining order taken out against him and has been fined heavily for the assault that he committed against his ex. We're sincerely hoping that we've seen the last of him now.

The Video Thing

In September, I went to BBC Radio Derby's Derbyshire Day event at the beautiful Carsington Water. But I totally forgot to write about the video I made! So, here it is:


Snap Happy

I've been struggling a little to juggle: blogging/my course/a social life. My course has to come first, obviously, so this blog has been a bit neglected of late. However, to compensate, I've tried to keep on snapping away as much as possible! So, if you're desperate to keep updated on what I'm up to (and let's face it, you're probably not...) Instagram's probably the best place for that right now. (Have a nosy here.)

Let's not leave it so long next time? I'll try and blog again very soon. Promise.

YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram Bloglovin'

post signature
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig