Friday 9 June 2017

The Morning After The Night Before.

Belper, Derbyshire, Belper Leisure Centre, Derbyshire Votes, Mid Derbyshire Constituency, Mid Derbyshire, Beauty Blogs, Lifestyle Blogs, Politics, Life, Katie Writes Blog, Katie Writes,

This post wasn't supposed to go up today but I've stayed up all night to watch the election like the politics geek I am, and I need to get this off my chest.

If you've only just woken up, you've awoken to a country brimming with insecurity, staring into the depths of the unknown.  If you're like me, you'll have stayed up all night watching the election unfold, giving us surprises at every single turn. There's very little certainty right now as to what's going to happen. Now, I'm tired, to the point where I'm getting a little delirious and I'm starting to feel like I'm making no sense. But there are a few things I want to say...

No matter who you voted for, no matter whether you got the result you wanted or not, now is not the time for petty arguments, or gloating, or being a bad winner or loser.

Because right now there are no winners, we're in a very precarious situation, and it's probably going to take weeks to sort ourselves out.

If someone voted for a different party to you, that doesn't make them a bad person. It doesn't make them evil or stupid, it just makes them human. It makes them a person whose political ideology has been shaped by their upbringing and own experiences, just as yours has.

Whatever happens, politics is not worth losing friends over. It's not worth getting into pointless arguments with strangers over. It's not worth offending people over, just because they disagree with you.

So don't fight today, don't gloat, just be kind. (And patient too, because I think we're all going to need a lot of patience over the coming weeks.)



Now, I'm finally off to bed before my head hits the keyboard. Night x

SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig