Monday 8 May 2017

A Few Notes On Organisation

Bullet Journal, Lifestyle Blogs, Katie Brown, Katie Writes,

This year I've been trying and failing at new ways to be organised. I've tried my hand at bullet journaling. I've tried to use a fashionable daily journal. I've even tried iCal and a to-do list app. And do you know what? None of it beats my old organisation method.

Bullet journaling is huge right now. Everybody wants to try it if they're not already doing it. I've tried and failed at it. I lasted one month. While I'm not writing it off completely, I feel like it might not be for me, unfortunately.

With organisation, there's no one-size-fits-all method. We all respond to certain techniques differently. It can be easy to fall for fads and follow trends, but if it doesn't sit well with you, don't do it. Don't force yourself to follow it if it doesn't work for you.

I've seen other bloggers preaching about their organisation routine like it's the holy grail of planning, but there's no such thing. What works for someone else might not work for you, so don't follow their advice blindly.

Do what's right for you. What works for you. 

I've found that:
• I struggle with bullet journaling. (More on that in another post.)
• The gorgeous mint-coloured Urban Outfitters/Ohh Deer collaboration daily journal doesn't fit my needs either.
• What I'm happier with was my old system: a Moleskine diary, used in conjunction with iCal and a separate to-do list notepad (not an app!), like I've done for several years.

On that note, no pun intended, does anyone know where I can get a cheap Moleskine diary?




SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig