Monday 16 November 2015

The Weekend Edit: Dear Neighbour From Hell

Nottingham Autumn Tree Leaves

You remember earlier this year I had all those problems with a nasty neighbour? If not, check it out here. This'll be the last time I bring it up. Promise. Three months have passed since he was arrested and banned from the area; and lately I've been looking back on the whole situation. Time heals and all that. So, I thought a really good way to make myself feel better about the whole debacle was to write an open letter to him. Anyway, here it is:

Dear Neighbour From Hell,
                                            It's been an odd three months to say the least. Life has been speeding by, and it's often hard to keep up. You see, that's the difference between you and I; my life is (hopefully) on the up, but yours is nothing but an endless downward spiral. That's your fault, by the way. Your bad choices, poor behaviour and inability to look after yourself are why.

You might think I'm this and I'm that - You see a decent human being can find alternatives for expletives and insults - but you're the one who's messed things up. Not me. Your frustration at the world is evident, but I've got news for you - being a trainee journalist and all that - You're not always right, the whole world is NOT against you (whatever you may think), and not all of us have the ability to forgive and forget your 'misdemeanours'... Shall we call them?

At first I really hated you for the way your horrible actions made me feel: The fear, the misery, the panic attacks - all because of your unwarranted abuse. But now? Now, I just pity you. You're alone, you're bitter, and it's all your fault. I'm not going to let you ruin my life for any length of time, because you're simply not worth it.

Nottingham Sunset

I know you won't want any advice, especially not from a "f***ing b**ch" like me, but I'd lay off the drink if I were you... It really brings out the worst in you.

Unlike you, I'm not the one who's alone. I'm not the one whose anger has pushed everyone away. I'm not the one who's letting my past dictate my future.

I hope you get the help you need, despite you desperately not wanting any, not for your own sake - but for all of those around you: your family, colleagues, and new neighbours. If you're anything like you were three months ago, they need all the help they can get to deal with your unwarranted abuse.

Have a nice life.

Yours,
"The mouthiest f***ing b**ch ever to walk the earth."

YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram Bloglovin'

post signature
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig