Monday 3 November 2014

ELF Nail Polish

Plum nails, anyone?


So, I am absolutely dire at applying nail polish, as you can see from the above picture. 
It's the bane of my existence... Among many other things.

The colour I've used is called 'Plum', which is a gorgeous deep purple. It's shiny, but there aren't any glittery or shimmery bits. The polish looks much darker in my pictures... It's definitely purple, not black.

(Confession time: I did buy it a few months ago and I'm not sure that this shade is currently available. There are plenty of lovely colours still available though!)

At £2.50 for 10ml, it's fantastic value. It's also free of: Toluene, Formaldehyde, and Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP). I don't particularly understand what any of that means, but it sounds... impressive, doesn't it? ELF also say that the brush is aerodynamic, which is also good, right?

One little criticism is that the rectangular top to the bottle meant that it was quite hard for me to manoeuver the brush over my nails adequately. I'm sure it's something you'd get used to though.

You definitely need two coats of this to give good coverage of your nails. I didn't bother using a top coat because I'm lazy and there is a little bit of chipping a couple of days in (See picture number 3). ELF does say that it's a 'chip resistant' formula... but it's definitely not chip resistant for me, is it? Then again, for such a cheap price, can you moan? Not really.

This would definitely make a good stocking filler for Christmas! If you're one of those people that starts buying Christmas presents ridiculously early...

If you fancy trying this little gem, you can buy it from ELF for £2.50 by clicking here. 


post signature
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig