Monday 21 September 2015

Taking Things Too Seriously.

Academic Agenda, Stationery,


You may have noticed that my blogging schedule has been very sparse of late. It's not something I've planned. In fact, I've written several posts to the point of near-completion, but I'm too much of a perfectionist to actually press 'publish' and be done with it. 

I won't have heaps of time to blog from next week onwards, which is a shame, but perhaps less time to blog will create more focus? That's what I'm hoping anyway.

I have promised, and failed, to become a better blogger this summer and I'm not going to bore you with myriad excuses. Basically, the summer's been one heck of an emotional roller coaster. That's not your problem though, is it, lovely reader?

Most things I initially enjoy end up feeling like a bit of a chore because I later take them too seriously. I put my all into something once I set my mind to it, but that tends to zap the fun out of it. Blogging is a hobby, and a great one at that, don't get me wrong. But, it's not fun when you're constantly putting pressure on yourself to be better. When you're drowning in statistics and numbers that come to mean too much to you. When you're fighting to get your voice heard in a sea of bloggers who are better and more experienced than you. It's so hard to keep going sometimes when you're constantly comparing yourself to the big names. 

Alas, I don't want sympathy. I don't want your pity. I just want to be able to enjoy this again. To not have to worry about failing to meet that schedule I set, about letting you readers down, or about replying to all the emails I've let pile up. I think maybe the only way to do that is to go back to basics; to actually go back to where I started. More beauty stuff. More photography stuff. Less whiny personal rubbish. (You're not my therapist, after all, are you?)

Sound like a plan? So let's do it.

YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram Bloglovin'

post signature

And if you're waiting for some kind of reply from me, whether it be a comment or email, bear with me, please. I will get back to you!

SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig