Saturday 31 December 2016

Happy New Year!

Autumn, Winter, Trees, Nature, Belper, Derbyshire, Derbyshire Bloggers, Katie Writes,

Hooray! 2016 is pretty much over! We made it to the end! 


Pat yourselves on the back, because it's been a tough one, hasn't it? We've lost so many celebrities and icons, the state of politics has become a mess across the world, and y'know, the year's had a bit of an apocalyptic feel to it at times.

Is it just me, or does it only seem about 5 minutes since last NYE? 2016 might have been a struggle for a lot of people, but at least it's gone quickly. 

2016 was a bit of a weird one for me, as I spent January to June in the midst of a university whirlwind: completing exams, doing essays, and just generally dragging myself through an intensive course. Then I was promptly kicked out in to the real world, to try and find an employer who'd take pity on me. (If any radio or TV news editors are reading - I'm still pretty much available! Email me! 😉 

York, Yorkshire, Northern Bloggers, Katie Writes,
BBC Quay House, BBC Manchester, BBC Radio 5 live, Katie Writes,

The summer continued to be a whirlwind as I did a fantastic work experience placement with the BBC in Manchester, and then went straight into a bit of freelancing the week after. In all honesty, I've spent the latter half of the year totally meandering, but I did do Blogtober, which I surprisingly loved! After that, November was a bit of a weird one, and finally we're through to December, when I graduated

Anyway, I just wanted to thank you all for reading this year. For supporting me, and sending me all your lovely comments, emails and tweets. It's really appreciated, even if I do take forever replying (sorry!) I appreciate every single one of you, and I wouldn't still be blogging if it weren't for you guys. So, again, thank you so much! 

I'm gonna stop now before I start sounding like an emotional actress picking up an Oscar...

Happy new year!

YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram Bloglovin'

SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig