Monday 8 September 2014

August Favourites!

Yes, it's that time of the month again. (No, not that one...)

Belatedly, here are my favourite products from August 2014!


Tangle Teezer
I was only introduced to this quite recently, when I had my hair cut. The hairdresser suggested that I'd benefit from one... I don't know quite how to take that...? Anyway, I was put off by the hefty price (£10.99) but ever since I caved and bought one, I seriously haven't regretted it.

I've been using this every day and I even took it to London with me last month. It's great! Mine's bright pink and literally glides through my hair. As an aside, you can't actually use this while you're drying your hair. It's made of plastic and obviously it would just melt...

I would definitely recommend this to those of us with lovely long locks, which are also prone to getting knotted! It's a Godsend!

You can buy Tangle Teezer from Boots for £10.99 by clicking here.

Coconut Oil
I've found myself asking over the past few weeks why I've never stumbled across this before? It's amazing! 

You can use it as: A hair mask, face mask, face wash, eye cream and goodness knows what else. It's so versatile! One 125ml pot of this cost me £2.25 and a little goes a really long way.

I've mainly been using it as a hair mask overnight. You just scoop some out of the tub, rub it together between your palms to warm it slightly and smear it over the lengths and ends of your hair. By the time you wash it out in the morning, your hair will feel beautifully soft and more manageable.

You can buy Coconut Oil from Superdrug here.

ELF Zit Zapper
For the millionth time, I'll remind you of the fact that I've recently had an awful breakout... (Yawn). I've been using this in my bedtime spot-zapping routine. At £1.95, it's so cheap, but definitely worth its weight in gold!

The Zapper contains salicylic acid, which is proven to kill those horrid zits. A little goes really far and it's got a rollerball so it's incredibly easy to apply. At £1.95, you really can't complain!

You can buy this wonderful product for £1.95 by clicking here!

Garnier Micellar Water
I know that there's a lot of controversy surrounding micellar waters and whether they're actually good for your skin... But I've tried a few and I like this one. It seems to glide over my skin, readily taking my makeup off at the end of the day. This particular product is also designed for sensitive skin, so it doesn't irritate those delicate parts of your face.

A 400ml bottle normally costs £4.99, but it's on offer at both Boots and Superdrug at the moment - So get it while it's on offer! Garnier claim that 400ml equates to 200 uses; I'm not sure whether that's true, but it's quite impressive if it is.

It washes your skin really gently and this is one of the better micellar waters that I've tried.

Garnier Micellar Water is now £3.33 at Boots, click here to get it now!

Rimmel Wonder'Full Mascara
This is a brand new mascara from Rimmel. I've actually written a full review of this, which is coming very soon, so I won't go into too much detail.

You know how picky I can be about mascaras, but this isn't bad. 

It retails for £7.99, but I bought it on offer a couple of weeks ago. It contains argon oil, which is everywhere at the moment; and is designed to condition your lashes while you're wearing it.

It gives my lashes nice length, but doesn't go overboard on definition and volume. I would recommend this as a great daytime mascara, but you might want something with a bit more 'oomph' for nights out.

You can get this new mascara from Boots by clicking here.

 photo BlogSig_zps3aeaa8d7.jpg


SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig