Wednesday 2 August 2017

Let's Have A Little Catch Up!

Skegness Beach, Lifestyle Bloggers, Travel, Skegness, Lincolnshire Coast, Katie Writes Blog, Katie Writes,
Fish and Chips, British Food, Flatlay, Katie Writes,
Skegness, Skegness Beach, Waves, Sea, Seaside, Lincolnshire, England, Katie Writes Blog, Katie Writes,

Seeing as it's a couple of weeks since I wrote a proper blog post, I thought I'd give you a little photo diary post! Enjoy:

Skegvegas!

Going back to June, on the hottest day of the year, we went to Skegness for the day. It was a really nice change of scenery that gave us all a welcome break from home. We wandered across the beach, ate fish and chips, and took in heaps of fresh sea air. Bliss.

I've got a selection of pictures in a special Skeggy post that's been sitting in the drafts for quite a while. It'll be published soon, promise!

Hanging Basket, Flowers, Derbyshire Bloggers, Derbyshire Blogs, Katie Brown, Katie Writes,
Flowers, Garden, Blooms, Pretty, Katie Writes, Blog,
Cornflower, Blue, Purple, Blooms, Plants, Flowers, Katie Writes Blog, Katie Writes,

Garden

As proof that you don't have to venture far to get snapping, I took these photos in my back garden. One of the things I love most about summer is that I can regularly pop outside for ten minutes to enjoy the good weather and all the pretty blooms.  

Alport, Alport Heights, Derbyshire, Derby, Travel, Nature, Photography, Photography Blogs, Katie Writes Blog, Katie Writes,
Feet, Camera, DSLR, Canon, Canon 6D, 6D, EOS, EOS 6D, Black and White, Alport, Alport Heights, Photography, Photography Bloggers, Katie Writes Blog, Katie Writes,

Golden Hour Meets Alport Heights

The other week I drove up to Alport Heights, one of my favourite places, to take photos with my new(ish) DSLR. It's so beautiful up there, and I totally took advantage of a (rare) sunny day by snapping some sunset photos in golden hour. I'm hoping to get a full post with some of the pics on here soon, so keep your eyes peeled for that!

Derby, Derbyshire, Weeping Window, Poppies Derby, Poppies, First World War, Silk Mill, Katie Writes Blog, Katie Writes,
Derby Silk Mill, Black and White, Derby, Derbyshire, Poppies, Weeping Window, Shadows, Derbys, Katie Writes Blog, Katie Writes,
Weeping Window, Derby Silk Mill, Derbyshire, Katie Writes Blog, Katie Writes,


Derby's Weeping Window

In July, we had the beautiful weeping window display at Derby Silk Mill. It's so magnificent, that I honestly don't think my pictures do it justice. 

If you're unfamiliar with it, it's an art display by a local artist called Paul Cummins, to commemorate fallen soldiers from the First World War.

Green Tea, Flat lay, Flatlay, Avocado, Poached Egg, Toast, Avocado on Toast, Egg on toast, Recipes, Healthy Food, On My Table, Clean Eating, Diet, Katie Writes Blog, Katie Writes,

Health Kick


A couple of months ago, I changed my diet slightly, by cutting out some unhealthy foods. I've really noticed the benefit to my skin, as my acne has died right down. I also feel better for it too! 

(Of course, I've had to demonstrate it in the most 'blogger' way possible... with avocado on toast.)

Desk, IKEA Coasters, IKEA Alex Desk, White Desk, Apple Keyboard, iMac, Katie Writes Blog, Katie Writes,

A New Desk

FINALLY, my new desk is up! Here's a sneak peek of a post that's going to be all about my new desk. (Trust me, I'm going to try and make it more interesting than it sounds...) 

Hair, Hairstyles, Katie Writes Blog, Katie Writes,
Hairstyle, Hair, Katie Writes Blog, Katie Writes,


Drastic* Hair Chop

After having longer hair for AGES, I decided to have several inches of my locks lopped off. 

I went to the fantastic Harper's Salon in Belper, as they're really welcoming and friendly there. It took under an hour to chop several inches of hair off, including a wash, blow dry and straightening too. And the best part? It only cost £35!

*It's not quite as drastic as the WORST haircut I ever had. (Which, FYI, was the asymmetrical bob when I was a teen. It looked so bad that even my hairdresser admitted it was a terrible mistake.) 

Book Cafe, The Book Cafe Derby, Derby Cafes, Places to go in Derby, Derbyshire days out, Katie Writes Blog, Katie Writes,
The Book Cafe, Derby, Derbyshire, Architecture, Katie Writes Blog, Katie Writes,
Coffee, Cappuccino, Flatlay, Table, The Book Cafe, Derby, Katie Writes Blog, Katie Writes,

The Book Cafe

Last week, I popped back to this gorgeous cafe in Derby. I mean, just look at that decor! With Blondie on the stereo, the sun shining through the windows behind me, nowhere to be, and a steaming cappuccino in front of me, I felt so content. Y'know, one of those rare 'life is good' moments. Cheesy, I know, but I couldn't resist sharing.

York, Yorkshire, British Streets, Visit Britain, England, Visit England, Travel, Tourist, Places to go in York, Katie Writes Blog, Katie Writes,
Bettys, York, Afternoon Tea, Yorkshire, Katie Writes Blog, Katie Writes,
York, Bettys, Yorkshire, Afternoon Tea, Katie Writes Blog, Katie Writes,

York-Bound

It's my birthday on Thursday! So, I'm going back to York with my parents for afternoon tea at Bettys. Can't wait! (Here are some photos I snapped on our trip there last year.)

Cookie, Cookie the dog, Cookie the Jack Russell, Jack Russell Terrier, Cute, Dog, Puppy, Cookie, Pup, Furbaby, Rug, Katie Writes Blog, Katie Writes,

Oh, and here's a random picture of Cookie. Just because.

YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram Bloglovin'

SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig