Sunday 10 July 2016

The Weekend Edit: Wanderlust


Wanderlust, Katie Writes, Katie Writes Blog, Belper, Derbyshire, Travel blogs, Beauty Blog, Lifestyle blog, Derbyshire Blog, British Bloggers, British Blog, Ohh Deer Notepad, Travel UK,


"Wanderlust: A strong desire to travel."


So, I'll be the first person to admit that I'm not exactly a well-travelled person. I'm nearly 25 and I've never been abroad, which is pretty bad! I don't even own a passport, which always seems to cause issues.

Last summer, I wanted to travel across the UK more, but it all fell apart because of my neighbour troubles. This year, however, I wrote in my summer goals about wanting to explore more than just Derbyshire, as pretty as it is. As you can see above, I've written a little list of places I'd love to go, and soon! It was all inspired by watching a TV programme about York, which is one of places I've been itching to visit for ages. So, here's the list:

London

I normally have a trip down to London for my birthday, but I'm not sure if that'll be happening this year. I'd still love to go at some point this summer though, especially to explore Covent Garden (mainly the NARS, Charlotte Tilbury and Urban Decay stores), and finally venture onto the London Eye. Every year also requires a trip to Harrods to drool at the pretty designer handbags that I can't afford to buy. 

Skegness

Good old Skeggy! My parents used to take me every year when I was a kid, and I'd always come home with a new headband and a personalised stick of rock. I also rode pretty much every donkey the beach had to offer. There are so many childhood memories that were made there, that I'd love to go back for the first time in about 14 years for a wander across the beach. 

York

Oh, I REALLY want to go to Betty's Tea Room after stumbling across their gorgeous Instagram page.  One of my new life goals is to afternoon tea there. I'd also love to see the Minster and wander through the quaint little streets the city's got to offer. It always looks so pretty on TV, doesn't it?


Manchester

So, I've only been to Manchester once, five years ago for a Muse gig, and got punched in the back by a stranger while I was waiting for the tram home. Someone also chucked beer all over my head, so it didn't exactly leave the best impression on me. Unfortunately, it's one of those places that's ridiculously expensive to get to from Derbyshire on the train (which is stupid, because it's not that far away), but I've found a bus service that's WAY cheaper; so I'm gonna go and explore Manc ASAP! 


Where would you love to explore? Let me know in the comments!

Katie
x

YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram Bloglovin'

SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig